Ingredients35 m servings 189 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Spread pumpkin seeds onto the prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with salt, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and oregano; toss to coat evenly.
- Bake seeds in the preheated oven for 5 minutes; stir seeds. Return to oven and bake until seeds are toasted, about 15 more minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I don't measure the spices - I sprinkle them on and eyeball it. Using more spices (especially the pepper and chili powder) will make your seeds have more of a kick; using fewer spices will make the flavor more of a hint. It's up to you.
- You don't need to spray the seeds with cooking spray. The spray at the bottom of the pan is plenty. Since I presoak my seeds, they are wet when I put them on the sheet and the spices stick without the help of extra calories like butter or oil.
Per Serving: 189 calories; 15.9 g fat; 6.5 g carbohydrates; 8.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 300 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
These were great! Will definitely make again next season. a different take, if you like a little spicy.
I loved this recipe! I have roasted pumpkin seeds annually for years, but always the same way. This year I decided to try something new! Great flavor!
I used a nonstick pan so I opted out for the oil and be very careful with how much salt you add because mine turned out a tad bit salty but they're still so good! I will use this recipe again an...
Okay so I changed it up a little. I used butter instead of cooking spray and added Worcestire. Also I didn't measure the spices and cooked them much longer (40min) at 300 bc another recipe I wa...