Ingredients55 m servings 519
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook peppers in boiling water until slightly tender, about 3 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water until cooled.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook ground turkey, onions, mushrooms, and garlic in the hot oil until turkey is completely browned; drain grease from the turkey mixture. Transfer drained turkey mixture to a bowl and return skillet to medium heat.
- Melt butter in the skillet; add flour, salt, and black pepper. Stir until smooth. Stream milk and half-and-half into the flour mixture while stirring; bring to a boil. Cook and stir the milk mixture until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Return turkey mixture to the skillet; add tomatoes and 2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese. Cook and stir the turkey mixture until hot and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes; spoon into the bell pepper halves. Arrange stuffed pepper halves into the prepared baking dish; top with remaining Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and panko. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until the peppers are tender and the filling is hot, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Switch oven to broil, remove foil, and cook peppers under the broiler until the panko is browned, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 519 calories; 30.9 28.3 36.5 128 1028 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I can't believe this recipe has not been reviewed yet. It is not your traditional stuffed pepper recipe, but this was just what I was looking for. I used smoked parmesan cheese and roasted to...
I liked this healthy alternative to hamburger. I had a lot left over, you could have used three peppers instead of two. I used the leftovers the next night and put it over spaghetti and it was...
Made this as written and was a little "soupy". Next time I may add a little cooked brown rice, but was delicious!
I prepared as directed. I love how a simple roux jazzes up a dish like this. One thinks it we be the simple thing you grew up with ... come to discover, it has fewer fat calories and better f...
Nice recipe, enjoyed the mushrooms and ground turkey. I like rice in my stuffed peppers so added whole grain Spanish Rice (already cooked) that added flavor as well. Substituted a can of diced...