Ingredients2 h 55 m servings 357
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Stir together venison, pork, liver, heart, onions, garlic, and sage in a large bowl. Stir in potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Place mixture into a large oven-proof Dutch oven with a lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meat is fully cooked and flavors have blended, about 2 hours. Mix thoroughly with a fork, replace lid, and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- The organ meat is barely noticeable, but don't be surprised to see a pink or red color emerge as it bakes.
- You can add a large can of diced tomatoes if you like.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 9.6 29.2 37.2 104 87 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this and added a little cumin and parsley. They whole family loved it. They had no clue they were eating heart and liver!! I can’t wait to get another deer to make this again.
This is the first time rating a recipe.... My son shot a young fawn this fall. We made this for NewYears Day party and it was fabulous. I added more liver than the recipe called for ,just to use...