Ingredients5 d 4 h 20 m servings 160
- Whisk together curing mixture, brown sugar, pepper, paprika, bay leaf, allspice, and garlic powder in a bowl. Rub mixture over venison roast, and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Place roast in a bowl; refrigerate for 5 days.
- Remove roast from the refrigerator and rinse thoroughly to remove the curing mixture. Place in a bowl with water to cover, and soak, refrigerated, for 2 hours. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Season roast with additional black pepper and brown sugar, and place in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted near the center reads 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 2 hours.
Per Serving: 160 calories; 3.1 2.6 28.7 106 2377 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was really easy and terrific. I made this version along with a version that gets smoked from a hunting themed website and this was nearly as good. If you don't have a smoker or don't want...
Worth waiting for! No gaminess in the taste. I have every intention of making this again! Delicious! I have made at least a hundred of allrecipes meals and this was the first time I felt comp...
It's almost as good as pastrami you would buy at your local deli. As with most reviews on here I didn't do it exactly as it reads but only becuase I butchered my deer myself and didn't have a r...
Excellent. Ordered the salt from Hoosier Hill Farm (Amazon). pink powder number 1. Used the quantity of salt specified on that package based on weight of venison roasts. (If i had used the ...