Ingredients5 d 4 h 20 m servings 160
- Whisk together curing mixture, brown sugar, pepper, paprika, bay leaf, allspice, and garlic powder in a bowl. Rub mixture over venison roast, and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Place roast in a bowl; refrigerate for 5 days.
- Remove roast from the refrigerator and rinse thoroughly to remove the curing mixture. Place in a bowl with water to cover, and soak, refrigerated, for 2 hours. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Season roast with additional black pepper and brown sugar, and place in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted near the center reads 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 2 hours.
Per Serving: 160 calories; 3.1 2.6 28.7 106 2377 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This was really easy and terrific. I made this version along with a version that gets smoked from a hunting themed website and this was nearly as good. If you don't have a smoker or don't want...
I will be adding this to the yearly venison go to dishes. I smoked mine for about 2 hours on the grill until 160. It was fantastic!
Worth waiting for! No gaminess in the taste. I have every intention of making this again! Delicious! I have made at least a hundred of allrecipes meals and this was the first time I felt comp...
It's almost as good as pastrami you would buy at your local deli. As with most reviews on here I didn't do it exactly as it reads but only becuase I butchered my deer myself and didn't have a r...
If you have a venison roast in the freezer…stop what you’re doing, go get it out of the freezer and try this recipe. It is fantastic! I do not like venison but this recipe had me shoving my husb...
Friends have told me this is the best venison they have ever had! That is saying something since we kill deer around here like mosquitoes! No changes needed to the recipe!
Excellent. Ordered the salt from Hoosier Hill Farm (Amazon). pink powder number 1. Used the quantity of salt specified on that package based on weight of venison roasts. (If i had used the ...