Ingredients40 m servings 363
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Lightly coat both sides of poblano pepper with olive oil; place pepper, opened like a butterfly with cut side up, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pepper is tender and skin starts to brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl; fold in tomato, mushroom, green onion, cilantro, salt, and black pepper.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir egg mixture in the melted butter until eggs are set, about 5 minutes. Spoon egg mixture into poblano pepper and top with Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If you do not like spicy food, substitute poblano pepper with bell pepper and cook an extra 10 minutes in oven prior to adding filling. You can use any type of onion or mushroom in this dish as well. For a heartier meal, add chorizo or other meats.
Per Serving: 363 calories; 27.4 9.9 21.3 408 357 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 19
This is a great recipe; HOWEVER, I highly recommend that you peel the skin from the poblano before adding the egg mixture and baking in the oven. Also, when removing the seeds AND peeling, I wou...
This is a great recipe. You can modify the cheese and veggies to suit your taste or accommodate what you have on hand. I fried some strips of bacon and reserved a Tbs. of the fat to sauté some d...
YUMMY!!! I doubled the recipe and made this for my fiancé and I for brunch today. It was absolutely delicious!! I did not peel the poblano peppers and the recipe came out perfectly. I just w...
This was good, and a nice change to Sunday brunch. My poblanos weren't very big, but they were tasty nonetheless. I used Proscuito, onions, and tomatos in my eggs, and I didn't peel them. They w...
VERY TASTY! No problem with skin on poblano, tender and sliced nicely with butter knife. Added some medium salsa to top off and REALLY made me proud to have found this recipe. When roasting t...
7-9-2016 ~These were pretty – and pretty interesting too! Cilanto was a creative and tasty addition to the scrambled eggs and brought reason to putting scrambled eggs into a poblano pepper. T...
I actually made this as a late night snack :) Of course it was yummy! I subbed regular button mushrooms for the baby bellas. Yum!