Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 828
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Coat chicken with melted butter in a 9x13-inch baking pan; sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper.
- Spread cooked rice evenly into a separate 9x13-inch baking pan; sprinkle onion soup mix over rice. Pour 1 1/2 cups water over seasoned rice. Layer onion on rice where the chicken breasts will be placed.
- Mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, celery seed, and garlic powder in a bowl. Drop small spoonfuls of half the soup mixture onto rice; lightly spread mixture evenly over rice.
- Arrange chicken breasts, thickest parts toward the pan's edge, on the prepared onion sections atop the rice. Spoon remaining half of soup mixture over chicken.
- Mix stuffing mix and 1 cup hot water together in a bowl; spoon stuffing over chicken and rice. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest piece should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- If chicken is frozen, cook for an hour, then raise temperature to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C) and cook for another 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 828 calories; 44.5 69.5 36.6 161 1751 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This recipe had all of the comforting carb ingredients I was looking for so I gave it a try. I skipped the step coating chicken in butter and peppercorns and just put the plain chicken on top ...
My son (13) and I made this in the kitchen. It turned out well. I think that the suggestion to uncover it for the last 10 minutes was good, however I think we went 20 minutes uncovered at 350 ...