- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shake flour in Reynolds(R) Oven Bag; place in large roasting pan at least 2 inches deep. Spray inside of bag with nonstick cooking spray, if desired to reduce sticking with large turkeys.
- Add vegetables to oven bag. Remove neck and giblets from turkey. Rinse turkey, pat dry and brush with oil. Combine seasonings in a small bowl; sprinkle and rub evenly over turkey.
- Place turkey in oven bag on top of vegetables.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top. Insert meat thermometer through slit in bag into thickest part of inner thigh not touching the bone. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
- Bake according to times below* or until meat thermometer reads 180 degrees F.
- Let stand in oven bag 15 minutes. Cut open top of bag. Use two carving forks, inserting one in each end, to lift turkey from bag.
- Reynolds Kitchens Tips:
- How much to buy? Estimate 1 pound of turkey per person for generous servings with leftovers.
- For lightly stuffed turkeys, add 1/2 hour to bake time.
- If turkey skin sticks to oven bag, gently loosen bag from turkey before opening.
- When your turkey is baking in the Reynolds® Oven Bag, it's being infused with all the flavors and stays moist and juicy as it cooks. Plus, cleanup is a snap!
- *Roasting times:
- 1 1/2 to 2 hours for 8-12 pound turkeys
- 2 to 2 1/2 hours for 12-16 pound turkeys
- 2 1/2 to 3 hours for 16-20 pound turkeys
- 3 to 3 1/2 hours for 20-24 pound turkeys
- Here's a video showing this handy kitchen tip.
Per Serving: 723 calories; 35.3 3.1 92.1 267 345 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Soooo moist! I had never cooked in a bag before and was most pleasantly surprised at how good this turkey was. Mine was almost 15 pounds so I added a little additional celery and onion. Thank...
That was such a great recipe. The Turkey came out perfect with a great taste and texture. I had many compliments.
My turkey was a bit light (around 9 lb) and I did leave it in a bit long (200 deg); it was not falling-off-the-bones soft. Flavor was okay. Hoping to make good sandwiches out of it.