Aglio e Olio alla Fremont
Ingredients35 m servings 1108 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread hazelnuts onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hazelnuts become fragrant, about 10 minutes. Allow hazelnuts to cool completely on baking sheet. Rub cooled hazelnuts between your palms to remove the bitter paper-like skins. Transfer hazelnuts to a resealable bag and close. Crush nuts using a rolling pin.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Pour enough olive oil into a skillet over medium heat to coat the bottom; cook and stir pepperoncini peppers and garlic in the hot oil until garlic is golden, about 3 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes, hazelnuts, and anchovy paste; cook and stir until warmed, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer spaghetti to the hazelnut mixture; add Marsala wine. Toss mixture in skillet over medium heat until evenly combined and wine is slightly evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Split spaghetti mixture onto 2 plates; top with olives.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 1108 calories; 65.7 g fat; 102.4 g carbohydrates; 21.8 g protein; 1 mg cholesterol; 1194 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Uniquely delicious! I was weary, if not skeptical, of this dish. Even the smell when it was done made me wonder what I'd done. But it won me over with the first bite. I left out the anchovy ...