Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 572
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and steam until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer potatoes the prepared baking dish. Beat eggs with sour cream in a large bowl and pour over potatoes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Crumble bacon and spread over potatoes and eggs.
- Heat a clean nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir bell peppers and onion in hot skillet until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Spread vegetables over egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are softly set, about 10 minutes. Spread sausage over eggs and top with Cheddar cheese. Continue to bake until eggs are fully set and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- Doing the prep the night before will save a lot of time the morning you want it. Cook all your veggies and meats the night before, and refrigerate. When you're ready to bake it, simply layer everything in, and cook according to the directions.
Per Serving: 572 calories; 40.6 16.6 34 297 915 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Great recipe! Was looking for a hearty egg recipe that would "satisfy" my husband after a long day. I used 6 potatoes to beef it up and 8 eggs. 1/2 cup sour cream and about 1/2 cup chedder che...
This was a delicious strata! My boyfriend and I added basil, thyme and paprika after the egg mixture was poured over the potatoes. The addition of the spices would kick it to a 5 star recipe. D...
Really tasty. Made a half sized version and I wish I had made more.
This was absolutely delicious! I cut the recipe in half and still had a good amount leftover.
Husband liked it. Used turkey bacon, which I cooked in oven and turkey sausage, which was watery and not as spicy as regular sausage. So added cayenne pepper, dry mustard and Greek seasoning for...