Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 385 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain and transfer pasta to a large baking dish.
- Heat vegetable oil and flour in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until mixture is frothy and smooth, about 5 minutes. Add reserved tomato juice and garlic paste. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and stir in chopped tomatoes and about 3/4 the Cheddar cheese. Simmer until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Stir water into tomato sauce if mixture becomes too thick.
- Pour tomato sauce over macaroni and top with remaining Cheddar cheese and sliced tomato.
- Broil in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and browned, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 13.9 g fat; 48.9 g carbohydrates; 15.6 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 369 mg sodium. Full nutrition