Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 180 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place flour, confectioners' sugar, and salt in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add cold butter pieces and vanilla extract; blend until mixture forms clumps. Press butter-flour mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Pierce dough all over with a fork while still hot. Slice dough into 12 squares, then cut each square in half diagonally, forming 24 triangle cookies.
- Return cookies to the oven and continue to bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes more. Trace a knife around each cookie to ensure they're completely sliced. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave). Drizzle white chocolate over cookies in a zigzag pattern, using a fork.
- Melt milk chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons butter, and corn syrup in another microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes. Drizzle milk chocolate mixture over white chocolate, using a clean fork. Sprinkle almonds over chocolate. Let stand until chocolate sets, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 180 calories; 12.2 g fat; 16.1 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 25 mg cholesterol; 120 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Made as the recipe stated apart from not adding the white corn syrup to the milk chocolate - and took the shortbread from the oven 7 minutes early. Surprised how well they cut and didn't crumble...
I used a different baking method (rolled mine into a log and refrigerated for about 2 hours, then sliced and baked for 10 minutes at 325), and added chopped maraschino cherries to my dough. For ...