Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 45
Original recipe yields 50 servings
- Bring blackberries and water to a boil in a large pot until blackberries are softened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and mash berries using a potato masher.
- Line a sieve with cheese cloth; place over a large pot. Pour mashed berries through cheese cloth-line sieve; let sit until all liquid has drained through cheese cloth, about 30 minutes. Stir 1 pound sugar per 1/2 gallon of drained blackberry juice.
- Bring blackberry juice and sugar to a boil in a pot; cook until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Skim off any residue accumulated on top.
- Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack hot saft into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings. Store in refrigerator.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can always add more sugar, but never take it back out. It is better to make saft with less sugar, and add more later, if it isn't sweet enough.
Per Serving: 45 calories; 0.1 11.3 0.3 0 < 1 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1