Ingredients1 h servings 238 cals
- Bring water, quinoa, garlic, and onion powder to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk milk and eggs together in a large bowl. Stir Cheddar cheese and processed cheese food into quinoa mixture until cheeses begin to melt; season with salt and black pepper. Mix quinoa mixture into milk mixture. Transfer quinoa-milk mixture to the prepared baking dish; top with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is lightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- For more flavor, cook the quinoa in half water and half chicken broth and omit the salt. You can also pump up the flavor by adding ingredients such as tomatoes, red pepper flakes, sauteed veggies, bacon pieces, etc. The milk can be substituted with soy, almond, or skim milk.
- The quinoa mixture can also be baked in 8 individual ramekins.
Per Serving: 238 calories; 10 g fat; 25.7 g carbohydrates; 12.2 g protein; 67 mg cholesterol; 218 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was my first try at cooking quinoa, and I am a convert!! I did saute some diced zucchini and red onion first, which I added to the quinoa and some veggie broth as in step 1. (I tasted it at...
I added broccoli to mine, and mixed red quinoa with regular quinoa. I also used a montery jack and cheddar mix without the processed cheese. Was super tasty. This was my first time cooking wit...