Grandma Lulu's Sour Cream Cookies
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 74
Original recipe yields 48 servings (48 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease baking sheets.
- Beat shortening and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat 1 egg into the shortening mixture until completely blended. Add the second egg and vanilla to shortening mixture; beat to combine.
- Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg together in a bowl; beat into the shortening mixture in small amounts, alternately with the sour cream. Blend water into the dough.
- Drop dough by tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are golden, 6 to 7 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 74 calories; 3.4 9.7 1.1 10 53 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
It's a divine version of old-fashioned tea cakes and so delicious! Thanks, Guinevere and Grandma Lulu.