Ingredients40 m servings 355 cals
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and continue cooking and stirring, about 5 more minutes.
- Place a large soup pot on the stove and add chicken and onion mixture, chile cooking sauce, water, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, chicken bouillon, and V-8 juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Ten minutes before soup is ready, lay tortilla strips on a baking sheet and bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, or until nice and crispy.
- Ladle soup into bowls, add additional toppings if desired, and add a few tortilla strips.
- For a less spicy soup, only use half the jar of red guajillo chile sauce, or add to taste. For additional seasoning, add more chicken bouillon or other seasonings such as cumin, chili powder, salt, or pepper if desired.
Per Serving: 355 calories; 7.8 g fat; 46.4 g carbohydrates; 26.7 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 1410 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
We LOVED this soup! I made a few changes based on what I had on hand. I used pre-cooked deli rotisserie chicken. I didn't have V8 juice, so I used 1/2 cup beer & 1/2 cup tomato sauce. (which ...
My family really liked this! I cheated a little and use a pre-cooked deli rotisserie chicken to save some time. I have some picky eaters who are not really into spicy foods so I only used half t...
Tasty! I also had rotisserie chicken, leftover from last nights dinner. I didn't have V-8 so I used a blob of tomato paste and added lots of extra liquid because I also threw in some rice. I t...
This recipe is tasty, and so fast to put together! I also used the rotisserie chicken, and used pre-made tortilla strip garnishes. Start to finish this took me a max of 20 minutes. It makes a...
I'd like to give this soup 10 stars, it was fantastic!!! I used chicken stock in place of the water and bullion, and added some steamed white rice for a heartier soup. Leftovers the next day w...
Picked up sauce on clearance, researched recipes, used this one. Used boneless chicken thighs as I like the flavor. Ez, ez, ez and delicious. Makes quite a bit and topped with all the fixin's, i...
This soup was awesome! I like spicy foods. So I used the whole jar of the Herdez cooking sauce. Also, I used a can of diced tomatoes and chilies instead of just diced tomatoes. Since I did n...