Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 732
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place peppers cut side up in a microwave-safe dish; microwave on high until peppers start to soften, 3 minutes.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onions until they begin to soften. Stir in garlic and carrots and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Add chorizo and ground beef and continue cooking until meat is brown, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Drain oil from skillet.
- Return the skillet with the meat mixture to the stove over medium heat. Add Tomatillo Verde Sauce, canned tomatoes, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in cooked rice, and cook over low heat until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon a thin layer of the meat-rice mixture into the prepared baking dish. Place the four pepper halves in the dish and fill with the meat-rice mixture. Stuff each pepper with a cheese cube, and then spoon the remaining meat-rice mixture into the dish around the pepper halves.
- Cover the baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the peppers, and bake until the peppers are soft and the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon a little of the meat-rice mixture onto a plate, and place the bell pepper half on top of it. Garnish as desired.
You might also like
Per Serving: 732 calories; 47.3 39.6 36.9 123 1815 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1