Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 358 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels, reserving bacon grease in the skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Cook and stir onion in reserved bacon grease over medium heat until caramelized, about 15 minutes. Stir hominy, jalapenos, and garlic into onion. Season with red pepper flakes, white pepper, and black pepper. Continue to cook and stir until flavors are combined, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir bacon and tomatoes into onion mixture; cook and stir until tomatoes are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I have added chicken and shredded pork to this dish as well, but the bacon is normally fine for my meat choice.
- Also try adding 4 eggs and making a spicy southwest scramble as a late breakfast.
- I have also placed this into tortillas and made it into burritos as well.
Per Serving: 358 calories; 21 g fat; 33.6 g carbohydrates; 8.8 g protein; 29 mg cholesterol; 766 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
If you like hominy you will like this. This is the perfect side for those south of the border recipes. A perfect blend of flavors with just the right amount of heat.