Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 h servings 1392
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk miso, 1 cup sugar, sake, and mirin together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until marinade has reduced, about 45 minutes. Transfer marinade to a shallow dish and cool completely, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Place butterfish in the marinade and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Combine shallot, bay leaf, peppercorns, vinegar, and wine in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until only about 1 tablespoon liquid remain, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour cream into mixture and simmer until cream mixture has reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and rapidly whisk butter pieces, 1 at a time, until beurre blanc is smooth and thickened. Strain beurre blanc through a mesh strainer to remove spices.
- Stir lemon juice into beurre blanc until lemon sauce is evenly mixed; fold in parsley.
- Combine soy sauce and 1 cup sugar in a saucepan over low heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and sweet soy sauce has reduced to 1 cup, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove butterfish from marinade, discarding unused marinade. Cook butterfish in the hot skillet until fish flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer butterfish to a warmed plate and drizzle lemon sauce and sweet soy sauce around fish.
You might also like
- Editor's note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 1392 calories; 67.9 140.9 44.3 243 7293 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe is A LOT of work for minimal payoff. It's also too heavy on the sugar. I doubt I'd both with this again as there are plenty of tasty recipes for white, flaky fish that aren't this mu...