Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 h 10 m servings 455
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Cut rows of deep slits into both sides of pork butt using a sharp knife; insert a garlic clove into each slit. Rub vegetable oil over pork butt.
- Mix Creole seasoning, brown sugar, white sugar, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, mustard, cumin, and ginger together in a bowl; coat pork butt with spice mixture. Wrap coated pork butt with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 8 hours to overnight.
- Heat an infrared turkey fryer or a large skillet over medium-high heat; remove aluminum foil from pork butt. Sear all sides of pork butt in the fryer or hot skillet until an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) is reached, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Wrap the seared pork butt tightly in aluminum foil.
- Preheat the roaster or oven to 265 degrees F (130 degrees C).
- Place wrapped pork butt in the preheated roaster or oven until pork is easily shredded, 3 to 4 hours. Remove pork butt from aluminum foil and pull meat apart.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 455 calories; 29.6 4.1 40.3 156 283 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I didn't find the seasonings penetrated the meat very much. To be fair the day I was going to make this it got way too hot so I didn't sear this for an hour and a half or cook in the oven.. I t...