Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 313 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine corn kernels and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a baking dish; stir to coat corn kernels in oil.
- Roast corn in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, carrot, celery, and garlic in the olive oil until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir chicken broth, roasted corn, potatoes, light cream, cream-style corn, parsley, salt, and pepper into the vegetable mixture; bring to a boil.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat; stir flour into melted butter and whisk until a paste forms and begins to thin, about 5 minutes.
- Stir roux into the chowder; continue cooking until chowder is thickened, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 313 calories; 20.4 g fat; 30.9 g carbohydrates; 5.7 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 729 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 24
It's summer, and I'm heading into my soup and salad/half-sandwich mode. Cook early in the day, maybe grill in the evening, and don't heat up the kitchen for dinner. Followed this recipe to the...
This soup was awesome! The only changes I made was to use regular potatoes instead of red potatoes and 1/2 & 1/2 instead of light cream. It was plenty rich. I will definitely make this again!!!
Very sweet and yummy! My five year old gave it 2 thumbs up and eight year old gobbled it right down. I think next time I will add red bell peppers.
It was really good! I used coconut cream though because i'm vegan. I also made the cream of corn myself, by simply putting in in the blender. No salt used, just my usual bragg's aminos, nutritio...
I didn't have cob corn so I used drained can and didn't roast it but that's it This was great!!!
This is a really great soup but don't skip the roasting of the corn. Roasting takes the raw corn flavour out and you get a real corn taste. I added a few spices to kick it up a bit and added th...
To skip having to make the roux, I started with 4 T of butter to saute the onions, celery, and garlic and added half a poblano pepper. Then added the 3 T of flour before adding the other ingred...
We added 2 cups of greek yogurt, it was so yum yum. This really hit the spot, make sure you sizzle everything in oil before throwing it all together.