Whoa, Momma, Fried Green Tomatoes
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 292
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Put hot sauce in small dish for dipping. Mix flour, brown sugar, grill seasoning, salt, and pepper in a separate small dish. Beat eggs into milk in a third dish. Pour panko in a fourth shallow dish. Arrange dishes in a line, respectively.
- Dip one side of each tomato slice in hot sauce. Press each side of tomato into flour mixture to coat; dip into milk mixture. Gently press tomato slices into panko to coat. Arrange coated tomatoes on a baking sheet. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or a cast-iron skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fry tomato slices in hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 9.6 48.5 9.9 84 932 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1