Perfect Fried Green Tomatoes
Crystal Bodyroc McGlown
Ingredients40 m servings 443
- Season tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a shallow bowl. Pour buttermilk in a second shallow bowl. Mix cornmeal, parsley, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and cayenne pepper in a third shallow bowl.
- Dredge each tomato slice in the flour mixture to coat, dip into the buttermilk, and finish by pressing each side of the tomato into the cornmeal mixture to coat. Lay coated tomato slices onto a baking sheet; rest to let tomatoes absorb flavor of coating, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Gently drop tomato slices into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and floating, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Whisk ranch dressing, cajun seasoning, and hot pepper sauce together in a small bowl; serve with the fried tomato slices.
- Nutrition Disclaimer:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 443 calories; 22.9 51.7 8.2 8 1877 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 24
OMG This was a fantastic recipe, the batter stayed on perfectly and the Cajan Ranch Sauce was excellent also! I decided to expermint and used 1 tomatoe that was riper. There is a reason they cal...
For those needing "cajun seasoning" for the dipping sauce but don't have it premixed... put together 1 tablespoon dried oregano,1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper and 1 tablespoon...
Just made is for my family and it was a huge hit!! Excellent recipe, will definetly make again!
You are absolutely correct; this is the BEST fried green tomato recipe. My dad actually licked his fingers. Ha (that's saying a LOT!) I had a freshly picked summer squash on hand - guess what? I...
Perfect Fried Green Tomatoes (aptly named)! I even breaded and fried all the scrap pieces -too good to waste any piece! I used Bolthouse farm Greek yogurt ranch dressing, but that was my only ...
Very good but thought they needed a little more salt, which I added after they were done. I used sea salt. Very good and even better after they sat a little while. I did not make the sauce becau...
Need to watch salt content in the Creole seasoning I use next time. Other than the sauce was too salty, THE TOMATOES WERE FANTASTIC
I made the fried green tomatoes as written except for using ALMOND MILK instead of buttermilk and GLUTEN FREE RICE FLOUR instead of wheat flour. It came out fantastic. I liked how breeding staye...