Chocolate Hockey Pucks
Ingredients48 m servings 249
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Split each sandwich cookie open using a paring knife, putting as much filling as possible on one side of the cookie. Arrange cookies on a microwave-safe plate. Place 1 peanut butter cup on the filling-side of each cookie; cover with the remaining cookie top.
- Heat cookie sandwiches in the microwave until chocolate is slightly softened, about 5 seconds. Press cookie sandwich firmly together to adhere both sides of the cookie to the peanut butter cup.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, remove, stir, and repeat in 30 second increments until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Dip each cookie sandwich in the melted chocolate mixture, completely covering in chocolate. Allow excess to drip off before placing on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Hide any finger prints on the cookies with extra melted chocolate. Freeze the 'hockey pucks' until chocolate is hardened, at least 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Use room temperature peanut butter cups for best results. I use semi-sweet chocolates for dipping. After the chocolate has cooled around the cookie, remove the hockey pucks and pour the remaining melted chocolate on the wax paper and place back in freezer. Harden the chocolate and then store in the fridge/freezer in a resealable bag for later dipping or drizzling on ice cream.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 15 29.8 3.2 1 104 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I've made this before and everyone loved them, but I learned to make them using two cream sides of the Oreo (so the no-cream side was left over). You use double the Oreos but both sides adhere ...
The best of both worlds! I used candy making chocolate instead of chocolate chips b/c I like the flavor better, and it sets up nicer for me. I drizzled the tops w/ extra chocolate and added spri...
My husband loved this recipe! I used white chocolate instead and they were wonderful. Sugar high central!!
Simple, quick and very sweet. Overall a good recipe, I made the mistake of using mini Reese's instead of full sized. I also substituted bakers chocolate for regular Hershey's bars which turned o...