Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 488
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions, garlic, celery, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, oregano and tarragon until onions are tender. Stir in cooked rice and tomatoes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl combine Provolone and parmesan cheeses. Stir 3/4 of cheese mixture into rice mixture.
- Slice tops off of peppers and remove the seeds. Fill peppers with rice mixture and place in a shallow baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over peppers and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is golden and bubbly.
Per Serving: 488 calories; 21.7 57.1 17.8 28 773 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I actually chose this recipe because of the name, but it turned out to be a really wonderful dinner! I made this for my boyfriend and another friend, and none of us missed the meat that is usua...
Needs something more in the mix, it didn't hold together well and was flavorless unless it had some topping with it. Next time I will add some tomato sauce to the filling, too.
My pic is the one with three colors of peppers This turned out beautiful. I used red, yellow, orange and green peppers for added color. My meat-eating-man ate two of these and asked for it to ...
This recipe is fantastic. Had to reduce the amount by 1/2. Also removed the celery - the combination of peppers and celery did not work for our family.
So delicious! I baked for about 40 minutes and they were a little crunchy, so in the future I will cook for a full hour.
These were good but it definitely needs more sauce - next time I will double it. To the tomato sauce i added some oregano, basil and a dash of cayenne pepper(we like it a bit spicy) It is a de...
I doubled the amount of tomato sauce, which I think made it better. Next time, I may throw a little corn it it, as well.