Old Hamburger Bun Croutons
Ingredients20 m servings 62 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drizzle olive oil over hamburger bun cubs in a large bowl; toss to coat. Spread cubes onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil, salt, and black pepper over the cubes.
- Bake in preheated oven until brown and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely before storing in airtight container.
- Cook's Notes:
- The oregano, thyme, and basil can be used in whatever proportions you prefer, as long as it's 1/2 teaspoon total.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 62 calories; 2.2 g fat; 8.8 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 96 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
I do bake mine a little longer--it really depends on how quickly the buns brown up. If you increase the spices and run the baked hamburger buns through the food processor to a fine consistancy, ...
These are amazing!!! I attended a church barbecue and after they gave me a few cases of leftover buns. So while trying to use up 300 old hamburger buns I came across this recipe and they are WO...
Great way to get rid of all those stupid hamburger buns my husband insists on buying (just in case) - which are filling up my freezer.
This is awesome! I have done this before but this mixture of spices are very delicious!
Thank you so much for this idea, I think it would be great for any old bread, and I have some. I will try this with some Whole Wheat rolls that I had leftover.
Delicious! I actually used some leftover hot dog buns, but same thing, lol. I used Italian seasoning in place of the oregano, thyme and basil. These needed to bake a little longer than called fo...
The best use of old bread you'll ever find! I do bake them a little longer till brown and adjust spices to taste. I also find they store well - longer than 2 weeks. Great in salads and soups.
So crunchy, so easy. I cut them too small and only used garlic for seasoning. My mistake. I will for sure make them again, and add the flavoring.