Crispy Restaurant Style Buffalo Chicken Wings
Ingredients35 m servings 235
- Mix paprika, black pepper, chili powder, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, and mustard powder together in a bowl until seasoning mix is evenly combined. Dry chicken wings thoroughly with a paper towel.
- Heat enough vegetable oil and peanut oil in a deep cast iron pot or heavy pot to reach a depth of about 2 inches; bring to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Split wings into 2 batches and fry each batch in the hot oil, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer each batch to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Increase oil temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry each batch of wings in the hot oil until skin is crispy, golden brown and meat is no longer pink in the center, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain wings on a paper towel-lined plate; transfer to a bowl.
- Sprinkle seasoning mix over cooked wings and toss to evenly coat.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 235 calories; 19 4.8 12.5 32 509 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this rub for some wings that I baked for the Super Bowl. I know it always bothers me when people post a review on your recipes and change the recipe but there were a few ingredients I did...
I liked these a lot and they were super crispy but I felt the seasoning got lost quite a bit. I recommend only draining them for a minute or so before tossing them in the spice blend so that you...