Ingredients40 m servings 99
- Blend peach halves in a blender until smooth; transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat sugar, eggs, egg yolks, lemon juice, and rose water into peach puree until incorporated.
- Melt butter in the top of a double boiler over simmering water; stir peach mixture into melted butter, stirring constantly, until curd is thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack peach curd into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool dark area.
Per Serving: 99 calories; 3.5 17.1 0.5 32 24 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Just made with 4 peaches sitting there on the counter...halved the sugar but stayed with the recipe. Lightly, delicate peachy but extremely good.
I made this just as a breakfast spread and it turned out really well! I was a bit worried that it wasn't going to thicken, but it definitely thickened really nicely once it cooled and is delici...
Used 6 small peaches rather than large ones called for in recipe. Very sweet with the amount of sugar used but I didn't test sweetness of my peaches. Turned out well and would make again.
I made this curd am it was my first peach curd. Lovely taste and it goes well on a slice of bread with thick cold butter!!!! Thank you for the recipe.
This took way longer to thicken than recipe said. Good, but not great. I added a drop of vanilla cuz I didn't have rose water on hand. Flavor of peach very mild. Next time I'd strain puréed pea...
Delicate peach flavor, rich buttery taste, beautiful color.
Great recipe. My peaches were really sweet so the first batch (using 4 cups of sugar) was a bit too sweet for my taste. The second batch I used only three cups and like it much better, but it ...
This is so yummy! It was easy, and is a real hit with the family! I will make this again for sure. Made it just like the recipe said.