Ingredients40 m servings 99
- Blend peach halves in a blender until smooth; transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat sugar, eggs, egg yolks, lemon juice, and rose water into peach puree until incorporated.
- Melt butter in the top of a double boiler over simmering water; stir peach mixture into melted butter, stirring constantly, until curd is thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack peach curd into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool dark area.
Per Serving: 99 calories; 3.5 17.1 0.5 32 24 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Just made with 4 peaches sitting there on the counter...halved the sugar but stayed with the recipe. Lightly, delicate peachy but extremely good.
I made this just as a breakfast spread and it turned out really well! I was a bit worried that it wasn't going to thicken, but it definitely thickened really nicely once it cooled and is delici...
I made this curd am it was my first peach curd. Lovely taste and it goes well on a slice of bread with thick cold butter!!!! Thank you for the recipe.
This took way longer to thicken than recipe said. Good, but not great. I added a drop of vanilla cuz I didn't have rose water on hand. Flavor of peach very mild. Next time I'd strain puréed pea...
Great recipe. My peaches were really sweet so the first batch (using 4 cups of sugar) was a bit too sweet for my taste. The second batch I used only three cups and like it much better, but it ...
This is so yummy! It was easy, and is a real hit with the family! I will make this again for sure. Made it just like the recipe said.