Ingredients25 m servings 311 cals
- Rinse chicken wings in cold water; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together in a 1-gallon resealable bag; add chicken wings. Seal bag and shake to evenly coat chicken.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Remove chicken from bag and shake off any excess coating; fry in the preheated oil until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 7 minutes. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Combine hot sauce and butter in saucepan over medium heat; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Coat cooked chicken wings with sauce.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 311 calories; 21.1 g fat; 14.1 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 44 mg cholesterol; 1958 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I didn't find a tablespoon of butter to be nearly enough for our liking. I ended up adding 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup). Recipe says it serves 6 but this was just about the right amount for hubby and...
My family loved it! I did use more butter, 4 tablespoons. I also made two batches and substituted country sweet for tangy wings, and it worked perfectly.
My wings turned out delicious! The flour dredge was easy and turned out crispy! However, my next batch I will use a different hot sauce. The one I used was too vinegary! Other than that I ate ...