Ingredients4 h 15 m servings 782
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium-low heat; cook and stir garlic in the hot oil until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Stir ground beef into garlic. Add crushed tomatoes and tomato puree to ground beef mixture; season with salt and pepper. Cover stockpot and simmer mixture, stirring occasionally, until flavors have blended, about 2 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage links in the hot skillet until browned and not longer pink in the center, 10 to 15 minutes; drain and discard grease. Slice sausages into 1/4-inch rounds. Stir sausage, green bell pepper, and onion into the simmering tomato sauce; cook, stirring occasionally until bell pepper and onion are softened, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 10 to 11 minutes. Drain and return rigatoni to pot.
- Dice about 3/4 the mozzarella into 1/8-inch cubes. Mix cubed mozzarella with ricotta cheese in a bowl. Stir cheese mixture into cooked rigatoni until mozzarella cheese begins to melt. Pour rigatoni-cheese mixture into 2 large casserole dishes; add tomato-meat sauce. Toss well.
- Slice the remaining mozzarella cheese and arrange on top of rigatoni mixtures.
- Bake in the preheated oven until mozzarella cheese is melted and browned, about 45 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 782 calories; 40.5 57 48.5 118 1485 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I cut the recipe in half, with exception to the puree - I used the full 28 oz can as pasta needs a lot of sauce and, I recommend 1 1/2 lbs of mozzerella for a single casserole. I added a tsp of...
I followed the recipe as written. While the flavor is ok, it was dry.
I made this almost like it says, except for using shredded parmesan with the mozzarrella and also I didn't cook sauce as long. This is a delicious recipe. I could keep on eating it, it taste ...