Ingredients1 h servings 168
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir onion in the heated butter-olive oil until onions soften, about 10 minutes. Transfer onion to a plate to cool.
- Whisk cream, eggs, salt, and black pepper in a bowl; stir in mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and onion. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use a pie plate or an 8x8-inch pan. Also your quiche shouldn't be brown on top but maybe a light brown around the edges!
- This doesn't rise very much, so if it looks flat it's normal.
- It will be hard to get out of the pan EVEN if sprayed with Pam®!
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 168 calories; 15.2 2 6.5 113 149 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 30
I used this recipe as a base for my veggie quiche and it was excellent. I will use this again. Besides the veggies, what I did change was that I added 1/2 cup of flour and this made it prett...
This was so easy, and so delicious! I made a couple of small changes, and it worked out really well! First, I fried up 2 pieces of bacon, then added the butter and olive oil, as well as about ...
I read the Cook's Notes, and decided to give this a sprinkle of paprika to give the top of the quiche a little more color (that worked beautifully). I sprayed the dish liberally with cooking sp...
Loved this recipe. Modified it slightly for what I had on hand. Substituted sharp cheddar for the mozzarella and put in closer to a cup. Also added a sliced tomato before baking and when cooking...
Really love the flavor of this! I made this exactly as written, except that I used a 10-in ceramic quiche pan. I took it out of the oven just shy of 35 mins, and it was puffy and beautiful. It d...
Loved this recipe! I didn't have heavy whipping cream so I used 1 cup of milk with 2 heaping spoonfuls of cornstarch. I added (mooshed in) about 2 oz of light cream cheese. Sprinkled with som...
This is superb. I made it twice. Couldn't get enough the first time.! I made no changes. If you invite some friends to come to lunch, serve this with a salad, iced tea and crusty bread and ...
Very tasty, added ground beef and garlic powder because we had it for dinner (with salad and rolls). I used whole milk and 4 oz of cream cheese instead of cream and mild cheddar cheese, both bec...