Light and Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
Malki in Minneapolis
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 149
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat butter, creamy peanut butter, and crunchy peanut butter together in a large bowl until smooth. Beat egg white and white sugar into butter mixture until smooth. Add whole egg and brown sugar; continue to beat until smooth. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture until batter is well mixed.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/4-inch balls and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press balls with a fork creating a crosshatch. Freeze cookie dough on baking sheet until dough is firm, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies puff up, about 15 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cook's Note:
- Cookies will store and remain soft for 10 days in an airtight container.
Per Serving: 149 calories; 8.1 16.1 3.8 18 141 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Followed this recipe to the letter, and I do think they're a little "light" in flavor. They cooked up nicely, the soft texture is perfect, but as my husband said "...the peanut butter flavor do...
These cookies were great! And they do stay soft like the recipe says. Only change I made to the recipe was accidental. I missed the part about chilling the dough. But, they turned out fantas...
The cookies turned out great, soft and a nice peanut butter taste, a couple extra steps than traditional recipe I have, but I like the softer cookie, so it was worth the extra effort.