Guilt-Free Fudgy Brownies
Ingredients1 h servings 95
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment.
- Stir flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sugar, and baking powder together in a bowl. Whisk milk, applesauce, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl; pour into flour mixture and stir with a fork until just combined into a batter. Spread the batter into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Whisk brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and hot water together in a bowl until the sugar and cocoa dissolve; pour over the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges have started to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 40 minutes; cool brownies slightly in pan before cutting to serve.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 95 calories; 0.5 22.7 1.6 < 1 60 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
The brownie part never baked, after leaving in an extra 5 minutes. Next time I will spray the pan, and line it. The topping seem to run under the parchment paper. I use it as a pudding cake; cut...
This was a gooey mess that didn't even resemble brownies. It tasted decent, but not super fudgy.
Okay so I was a little Leary on trying this based in the reviews, but really wanting something sweet that I could eat with no eggs I gave it a try. My husband and I liked it very much. What I di...