Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 232 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 1 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup butter, and 1/3 cup brown sugar together in a bowl; press mixture into a 9-inch square pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Spread strawberry jam to within 1/2 inch of edges of baked crust. Mix 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, and salt in a bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over jam layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, milk, and 1 teaspoon almond extract together in a bowl until smooth; drizzle over cooled bars.
Per Serving: 232 calories; 8.8 g fat; 37.1 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 74 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These bars are quick and easy to make, have a buttery-rich shortbread base, a sweet and moist strawberry filling, and a drizzle of almond-flavored icing. A 5-star recipe in this house and a ke...
I used raspberry jam as well as strawberry and LOVED it! This dessert is by far my very favorite. Very sweet, so be sure to cut the portions somewhat small.
These bars were too sweet and "doughy" tasting. They were very rich, so I served in tiny squares. Husband usually likes most things I bake; not these. :(