Smoked Turkey and Spring Pea Fettuccine
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 661
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 small servings)
- Set a heavy skillet over medium heat and pour olive oil into the skillet. Cook and stir garlic and shallot in the hot oil until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add smoked turkey to skillet; cook and stir until heated, about 1 minute.
- Pour heavy cream into the skillet and raise heat to medium-high; bring sauce to a boil. Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the fettuccine, bring back to a boil, and cook pasta over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain.
- Turn heat under cream sauce to low and stir in peas; toss fettuccine with sauce until coated. Mix in tarragon and lemon zest and cook until flavors have blended, about 1 minute. Adjust seasonings if desired. Serve in bowls and sprinkle each serving with about 3/4 teaspoon Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for garnish.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If sauce is too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of pasta-cooking water.
- For a vegetarian version, use pan-fried mushrooms in place of turkey and cook them with a pinch of smoked paprika for a smoky taste.
Per Serving: 661 calories; 44.4 49.2 18.9 159 476 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I liked it but I would have liked more with a different vegetable. I will try mixing in spinach next time. Also, I was not really familiar with Tarragon. Kinda on the sweet side. It was ok.