Quick and Easy Huevos Rancheros
Ingredients35 m servings 735 cals
- Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Arrange tostada shells on a baking sheet. Spread a layer of refried beans onto each shell; sprinkle each shell with about 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese.
- Combine chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, salsa, and 1 cup cilantro in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Put black beans in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until warm, about 1 minute.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook each egg in the melted butter until white is firm and yolk is still together, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully place each cooked egg atop a tostada shell; sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake tostadas in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Place each tostada on a plate; top with salsa mixture and cilantro. Spoon black beans on the side.
Per Serving: 735 calories; 38.9 g fat; 55.6 g carbohydrates; 41.5 g protein; 448 mg cholesterol; 1744 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Absolutely love this recipe...a very satisfying breakfast...holds you over until dinner ! One change I made was I preheated the oven to 450 degrees F and omitted the chipotle peppers.
Great recipe! I omitted the side of black beans As I felt the refried beans took care of business. I will definitely make this again
Made this for my husband this morning; he liked them. I am a whimp when it comes to spicy food therefore I seeded the peppers that were in adobo sauce, used my favorite salsa verde and they were...
Being a hot summer day, I heated the tortillas in a cast iron skillet then added the refried beans and cheese then topped with fried egg and salsa. Worked fine!
Fantastic!! The hubs loves sausage so added cooked hot jimmy dean sausage to beans also lowered temp to 465 as we like our egg yolks runny - then followed recipe to the tee. Huge hit for Father'...
Pretty great recipe. I'm only a fan of salsa if I buy it from authentic mexican markets. I don't like any of the name brand salsa stuff so if you're like me, I suggest replacing the salsa with s...