Quick and Easy Huevos Rancheros
Ingredients35 m servings 735
- Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Arrange tostada shells on a baking sheet. Spread a layer of refried beans onto each shell; sprinkle each shell with about 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese.
- Combine chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, salsa, and 1 cup cilantro in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Put black beans in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until warm, about 1 minute.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook each egg in the melted butter until white is firm and yolk is still together, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully place each cooked egg atop a tostada shell; sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake tostadas in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Place each tostada on a plate; top with salsa mixture and cilantro. Spoon black beans on the side.
Per Serving: 735 calories; 38.9 55.6 41.5 448 1744 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 19
Absolutely love this recipe...a very satisfying breakfast...holds you over until dinner ! One change I made was I preheated the oven to 450 degrees F and omitted the chipotle peppers.
Great recipe! I omitted the side of black beans As I felt the refried beans took care of business. I will definitely make this again
This recipe was great! Very tasty with refried beans and everything! One thing I would change next time is just crack the egg right on the tostada and refried beans. I cooked mine beforehand as ...
Being a hot summer day, I heated the tortillas in a cast iron skillet then added the refried beans and cheese then topped with fried egg and salsa. Worked fine!
I followed this recipe exactly. I just wish I’d had more people over to eat this recipe. It was A LOT of food but we definitely won’t have to worry about breakfast for the next couple of days. S...
So easy and so delicious. I have been wanting huevos rancheros since I visited a friend in Albuquerque about a year ago, and these hit the spot!
Made this for my husband this morning; he liked them. I am a whimp when it comes to spicy food therefore I seeded the peppers that were in adobo sauce, used my favorite salsa verde and they were...
If you bake at 500 F for 10 minutes, they will be burned to a crisp. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes and check on them.