Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 667 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Trim fat from beef. Cut beef into 3/4-inch cubes. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag. Add beef cubes and shake to coat. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet with a lid. Cook half of the beef cubes in hot oil until browned. Remove from skillet. Add remaining half of beef cubes, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic to skillet; cook until beef is brown, adding additional oil if necessary. Drain off fat. Return all meat to the skillet.
- Stir in broth, oregano, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until meat is desired tenderness.
- Stir frozen noodles into skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over Skin-On Mashed Potatoes.
- [Cleaning tip: Once the stove top is cool, wipe up any oil splatters or spills with Clorox(R) Disinfecting Wipes*. Rinse hands once complete.]
- For Skin-On Mashed Potatoes: Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; stir in the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Place drained potatoes, milk, butter, sour cream, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Mix well with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- *Use as directed. For surfaces that may come in contact with food, a potable water rinse is required.
Per Serving: 667 calories; 25.9 g fat; 79.2 g carbohydrates; 29.5 g protein; 99 mg cholesterol; 1224 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is reminiscent of what my mom made when I was young. I made it as directed except I made homemade noodles. My guys loved it and went for seconds.