Italian Pot Roast with Fresh Fennel
made it | 0 reviews |
Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes
"Beef chuck roast is browned then braised with wine, garlic, veggies, and fresh fennel."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 379 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Trim fat from roast. Season roast with garlic powder. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a 6 quart pan with lid. Brown roast in hot oil on all sides.
- [Cleaning tip: Once the stove top is cool, wipe up any oil splatters with Clorox(R) Disinfecting Wipes*. Rinse hands once complete.]
- Combine broth, wine, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl; pour over roast. Cover and bake for 1 1/4 hours.
- Add potatoes, carrots, fennel, and onion to pan. Return to oven and bake 60 to 70 minutes more or until desired doneness.
- Using tongs, remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter. For gravy, pour 1 1/2 cups pan juices into a bowl; skim off fat and return juices to pan. Combine water and flour in a small bowl. Whisk into juices in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute more. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve gravy with roast and vegetables.
- *Use as directed. For surfaces that may come in contact with food, a potable water rinse is required.
Per Serving: 379 calories; 21.8 g fat; 19.5 g carbohydrates; 23.3 g protein; 77 mg cholesterol; 285 mg sodium. Full nutrition