Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 752 cals
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; stir in the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Place drained potatoes, butter, the 1/3 cup milk, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook ground beef over medium heat in extra-large skillet for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Drain off fat. Add onions and carrots to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until carrots are just tender. Add cream cheese, the remaining 1/3 cup milk, Worcestershire sauce, and basil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cubes of cheese are soft. Stir to combine. Stir in peas.
- [Cleaning tip: Once the stove top is cool, wipe up any oil splatters or spills with Clorox(R) Disinfecting Wipes*.]
- Spoon the beef mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with the mashed potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Top with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- *Use as directed. For surfaces that may come in contact with food, a potable water rinse is required.
Per Serving: 752 calories; 44.4 g fat; 45.6 g carbohydrates; 43 g protein; 177 mg cholesterol; 875 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This was so good! We added more seasoning and used a frozen mixed veggies. Can't wait to make this again!
We threw in some extra veggies, including shoe peg corn, and a little garlic. When it was time to add the cheese, we switched to broil to achieve more browning without having to wait a while for...
This was a hit with my husband who has never had sheppards pie. Will use this over and over!
My family loves this! Have given the reci pe to many and the love it too!