Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 747 cals
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray; set aside until ready to use. Cook macaroni according to package directions in a large pot. Drain and return to the pot; cover to keep warm. Cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Melt the 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onion; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Stir in milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Gradually add cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, and the 1/3 cup Asiago cheese, stirring constantly until cheeses have melted and the sauce is smooth. Stir the cheese sauce into the cooked macaroni. Crumble the bacon and stir into the macaroni mixture. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- [Cleaning tip: Once the stove top is cool, wipe up any oil splatters or spills with Clorox(R) Disinfecting Wipes*. Rinse hands once complete.]
- Combine the panko, the remaining 1/4 cup Asiago cheese, and the 1 teaspoon melted butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle panko mixture over the macaroni. Bake for 10 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- *Use as directed. For surfaces that may come in contact with food, a potable water rinse is required.
Per Serving: 747 calories; 35 g fat; 74.1 g carbohydrates; 35.3 g protein; 101 mg cholesterol; 969 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Very simple to make, with good proportions. Keep in mind it is still very easy to altar. I changed the type of cheeses i used, added broccoli, and used a breadcrumb to top with the cheese. I w...
Made exactly as recipe directed with one exception, I added some red pepper flakes for a little zing. It was delicious, my family loved it, most likeky will become a staple around our home.
Huge hit at our Thanksgiving supper! Will definitely be making this again.
Made exactly as said except didnt add bacon and I thought it was delicious. My kids and hubby loved it... will try with other kinds of cheese
Quick, easy and very tasty and I was able to feed four adults and four kids. I decided to make this with what I had in the kitchen so I used ground turkey instead of bacon and used broccoli inst...
Really nice blend of cheese flavors. Rich and creamy, will be making this again and again.
This is my favorite mac-n-cheese recipe. I have made it several times. The two things I do differently is I don't add the bacon. My family and I prefer it without the bacon. The second thing is...
I never do the exact recipes since I like to add my own flair(and if I don't have the exact ingredients;). I didn't do the onions or bacon since mac and cheese to me has never had those ingredie...