Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 595 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. For pesto, combine garlic, the 1 cup basil, the 1/3 cup grated Parmesan, pine nuts, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor. Cover and process until chopped, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary. With processor running, gradually add the 1/3 cup oil. Transfer to a small bowl or airtight container. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use (Pesto may be made up to 1 day ahead; allow to stand at room temperature for 1 hour before using).
- Combine zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons olive oil; toss to coat. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and start to caramelize, stirring twice.
- While vegetables roast, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Cook the chicken in hot oil for 12 to 14 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink, turning once. When cool enough to handle, chop the chicken (You should have about 2 cups); set aside until ready to use.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions in a large pot; drain and return to pot. Add the roasted vegetables, chicken, and pesto, stirring gently to coat. Stir in cherry tomatoes. Season to taste with black pepper. Top with additional basil and Parmesan.
- [Cleaning Tip: Once the stove top is cool, wipe up any oil splatters or spills with Clorox(R) Disinfecting Wipes*.]
- *Use as directed. For surfaces that may come in contact with food, a potable water rinse is required.
Per Serving: 595 calories; 32.7 g fat; 52.5 g carbohydrates; 27.6 g protein; 64 mg cholesterol; 666 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 20
Wow! Amazing! Everyone inhaled it, even the ones who don't like some of the things in it! Tasted like Olive Garden came to our house tonight! With a side of garlic bread...perfect! Thank you.
I loved this recipe. I actually used it as a cold pasta salad after preparing. Everyone loved it. I sautéed the chicken with some garlic and veggie pepper. Did not have asparagus on hand so I us...
Very good, but a lot of steps. I've made many versions of this recipe, always sautéing my vegetables together. It prevents the zucchini from becoming mushy because I add my veggies depending on ...
This was delicious, light, balanced, and colorful. A great way to use up the summer garden harvest. I also deglazed the chicken skillet with a little broth to add more flavor.
OK, I can die happy. This is the kind of recipe that has made me a better cook. Maybe a better person too. At one time I would've worried I didn't have *exactly* the right ingredients - promptin...
This was very good and my whole family enjoyed it. It's a very versatile recipe that you can change up with what you have on hand. I enjoyed the roasted veggie flavor with the chicken and tort...
This was such a great recipe! I've never cooked a pesto before, but yum!!! I was very proud of it, and everyone seemed to love it!