Ingredients28 m servings 726 cals
- Combine chicken, black beans, the 1/2 to 1 cup salsa, and cilantro in a large microwave safe bowl; mix well. Cover and microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture just below center of each tortilla. Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling. Fold opposite sides in and over filling. Roll up and secure with wooden toothpicks.*
- Heat about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil over medium heat to 365 degrees F in an extra-large skillet. Fry filled tortillas, a few at a time, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, crispy, and heated through, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve chimichangas with Chunky Guacamole, cheese, additional salsa, and sour cream.
- [Cleaning Tip: Once the stove top is cool, wipe up any oil splatters with Clorox(R) Disinfecting Wipes**. Rinse hands once complete.]
- For Chunky Guacamole: Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Stir in mashed avocados until desired consistency.
- To make tortillas easy to roll without cracking, wrap tortillas in paper towels; microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 to 45 seconds or just until warmed.
- **Use as directed. For surfaces that may come in contact with food, a potable water rinse is required.
Per Serving: 726 calories; 30.4 g fat; 77.8 g carbohydrates; 35.8 g protein; 70 mg cholesterol; 1181 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
fresh salsa, crushed black beans and seasoned chicken as filling was good. No need to put rice in.
This is close to my moms recipe but with half the work. I did stay true to my moms a little more but used shredded rotisserie chicken seasoned with mexican seasoning (mom used to boil a whole ch...