Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 375 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- Stir milk and vinegar together in a small bowl; set aside to sour for 5 minutes.
- Beat white sugar and 3/4 cup butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy and smooth; beat in eggs, soured milk, baking soda, cardamom, cloves, and nutmeg. Gradually stir in flour until just incorporated. Fold in 1 cup blackberries. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes. Allow cake to cool.
- Beat confectioners' sugar and 1/2 cup butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; mix in 1/2 cup blackberries and milk until frosting is desired thickness. Spread icing on the cooled cake; sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
- Editor's Note:
- Buttermilk can be used in place of the milk and vinegar step.
Per Serving: 375 calories; 18.4 g fat; 52.5 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 62 mg cholesterol; 199 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1