Stuffed Tenderloin Roast with Currant Sauce
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 579
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Cook and stir mushrooms and garlic in melted butter until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Mix bread crumbs, blue cheese, pistachio nuts, cranberries, parsley, onion powder, and seasoned salt into the mushroom mixture.
- Cut a long slice lengthwise down the center of the tenderloin to within 1/2 inch of the other side. Spoon stuffing into the slice and fold meat around the stuffing. Secure tenderloin closed with kitchen string. Brush olive oil over the tenderloin; sprinkle with salt. Put tenderloin in a roasting pan.
- Roast in preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer reads 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), 35 to 40 minutes. Cover beef loosely with aluminum foil and rest meat 15 minutes before slicing.
- As the beef roasts, stir currant jelly, Merlot wine, beef broth, and 2 tablespoons butter together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook at a simmer until thick and syrupy, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Arrange beef slices onto a platter and drizzle with currant sauce to serve.
Per Serving: 579 calories; 33.9 38.2 25.3 97 356 Full nutrition