Ingredients1 d 1 h 40 m servings 324 cals
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange bread pieces in the prepared baking dish; drizzle with melted butter. Top with Swiss cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and ham.
- Whisk milk, eggs, green onions, sherry, mustard, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl until foamy; pour over bread mixture. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake strata in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove aluminum foil and top with sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the strata comes out clean, about 10 more minutes.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 324 calories; 20.6 g fat; 16 g carbohydrates; 18.3 g protein; 188 mg cholesterol; 494 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I halved the recipe and baked it in a 9 inch square pan. I goofed while following the recipe and stirred the sour cream into the eggs and milk. It turned out okay but will try it again and fol...
We have made this very tasty dish twice now and it is a crowd pleaser. The only critics were the kids....but the adults gave this dish rave reviews! Didn’t change a thing-it’s perfect as written.
This was so easy and delicious I will definitely be making it again. Forgot to buy green onions so just sauteed some white onion I had on hand. I also seasoned it up a bit with a little Herbs ...
We loved this recipe & I plan to take it to a brunch tomorrow, with no changes.
1.1.16 wine/sherry definitely is way in the background, but the cheese is upfront & center! Love breakfast/brunch dishes like this that can be prepared the day before, and this is a very di...