Ingredients50 m servings 138 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups.
- Mix 1 cup and 2 tablespoons flour, margarine, and cream cheese in a bowl using a fork. Form dough into 24 small balls. Press and shape each ball to form a shell in the prepared muffin cups.
- Mix brown sugar, nuts, butter, egg, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl. Spoon mixture into the prepared dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until keufels are lightly browned and filling is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- I usually use the regular size muffin tin and make 12 large ones and I use 1 cup of very finely chopped walnuts for a very nutty taste.
- I use my food processor fitted with the pastry attachment to mix the dough.
Per Serving: 138 calories; 8.6 g fat; 14.2 g carbohydrates; 1.8 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol; 91 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is an interesting recipe. The filling does not set completely--it is a little gooey, but not runny. A delicate flaky crust forms on the top of the filling after baking, similar to the one o...
The consensus at our house was that these were great! The recipe was easy to follow, and the cooking time was perfect. I substituted butter for margarine and raisins for nuts as that is what I h...