Roasted Cinnamon Chicken
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 558
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sprinkle chicken halves generously with salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Put chicken in a roasting pan; pour water into pan.
- Roast chicken in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Whisk maple syrup, lemon juice, and chile peppers together in a bowl; brush chicken with maple syrup mixture. Pour any remaining maple syrup mixture into the pan.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink at the bone, juices run clear, and skin is lightly browned, 30 to 40 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Brush chicken with butter; bake until skin is crisp, 10 to 15 more minutes.
Per Serving: 558 calories; 26.8 37.1 41.2 140 225 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Absolutely delicious. The maple syrup really gave the chicken a sweet and savory crisp flavor while the water/syrup bath kept the chicken moist on the inside. I would have preferred to leave o...
loved it, so did the family and that can be tough at times! Used hot peppers from the garden instead of chile peppers. The sweet and spicy was a great combo and a nice change from turkey for th...
I used corn syrup because I didn't have maple syrup. I only used a slight sprinkling of cinnamon. It tasted okay but the next day it tasted better.
This recipe became an instant favorite! I used some Moroccan cinnamon - very flavorful!!