Roasted Cinnamon Chicken
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 558 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sprinkle chicken halves generously with salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Put chicken in a roasting pan; pour water into pan.
- Roast chicken in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Whisk maple syrup, lemon juice, and chile peppers together in a bowl; brush chicken with maple syrup mixture. Pour any remaining maple syrup mixture into the pan.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink at the bone, juices run clear, and skin is lightly browned, 30 to 40 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Brush chicken with butter; bake until skin is crisp, 10 to 15 more minutes.
Per Serving: 558 calories; 26.8 g fat; 37.1 g carbohydrates; 41.2 g protein; 140 mg cholesterol; 225 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Absolutely delicious. The maple syrup really gave the chicken a sweet and savory crisp flavor while the water/syrup bath kept the chicken moist on the inside. I would have preferred to leave o...
I used corn syrup because I didn't have maple syrup. I only used a slight sprinkling of cinnamon. It tasted okay but the next day it tasted better.
This recipe became an instant favorite! I used some Moroccan cinnamon - very flavorful!!