Ingredients25 m servings 93 cals
- Combine paprika, garlic and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices. Place lettuce leaves on serving platter. Evenly layer vegetables onto lettuce leaves. Top evenly with steak. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with nuts and cheese, if desired.
- Cook's Tip: Two shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (about 8 ounces each) may be substituted for top loin steaks. Grill steaks 10 to 14 minutes (for gas, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness. Pan-broil steaks 11 to 14 minutes.
- Cook's Tip: Two cups packaged vegetable slaw may be substituted for assorted vegetables.
- Cook's Tip: Leaf lettuce may be substituted for Boston or butter lettuce. If leaves are large, cut in half.
- Cook's Tip: Toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or sunflower seeds may be substituted for nuts.
- Cook's Tip: To pan-broil steaks, preheat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook steaks 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B12 and choline.
Per Serving: 93 calories; 5.7 g fat; 3.4 g carbohydrates; 7.4 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 72 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Very good flavor easy and quick to prepare. I like the versatility of this recipe.
This was yummy, but had slightly too much paprika for our tastes. We loved the goat cheese and the walnuts, and my kids had fun with the lettuce wraps. What a great idea for a grilled dinner!