Ingredients25 m servings 209 cals
- Press cumin evenly onto beef steaks. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine salsa, avocado and cilantro in small bowl.
- Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with salsa.
- Cook's Tip: Two beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 1 inch thick, may be substituted for shoulder center steaks. Cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and iron.
Per Serving: 209 calories; 13.1 g fat; 7.2 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 52 mg cholesterol; 332 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great for Grilling! Saw that little sticker on the package of chuck steaks, and had to buy it. Two thick, nicely marbled steaks for less than eight dollars. Used the cumin rub for one, my favori...
I, too, was skeptical of this recipe because I love my steak seasoned a certain way and while I like cumin, I'm not a HUGE fan. Wow, this was delicious!!! I used top sirloin steaks and grilled ...
I was extremely skeptical that this would turn out good with just cumin, so I mixed in a little garlic and onion powder. Still, wow, was I wrong though! The cumin gave it such a great flavor. I ...