Ingredients30 m servings 447 cals
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Brush onion slices with oil.
- Place patties and onion slices on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 14 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160 degrees F, turning occasionally. Grill onions, 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, brushing with oil and turning occasionally.
- Season burgers and onions with salt and pepper as desired.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce. Place burgers on top of lettuce. Top with tomatoes and grilled onions. Close bun.
- Cook's Tip: To toast buns, place cut sides down around outer edge of grill. Grill until lightly toasted.
- Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.
Per Serving: 447 calories; 22.5 g fat; 26.2 g carbohydrates; 32.9 g protein; 103 mg cholesterol; 344 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
I don't know that you need a recipe for this, it's just a good, old-fashioned hamburger.
Simple bit delicious burgers! We made ours into sliders with little Hawaiian rolls. The onions make this dish!
Loved this. Simple, quick, full of flavor. We always eat our burgers like this, normally without the onions (but from here on out, WITH the onions :D) Added a little garlic powder to the patties...
Great burger. Simple and delicious. Added some hamburger seasoning to the patties. We added some cheese to it.
Family consumed these burgers before I could even add the onions to the serving platter! I'm glad I have found the recipe for the "perfect burger". No need to add anything to the beef. Pure beef...
Good classic hamburger, but, kicked up a notch with the grilled onions. Easy to just add the onions right along side the burgers on the grill. True flavor of the beef comes through by just addi...
Simple enough to really enjoy the taste of the beef patties and grilled onions-love this!
This is a basic burger recipe. I enjoyed it, but may add some bacon next time, b/c who doesn't love bacon, right?!