Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 290 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch regular or fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together oil, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Fold flour mixture into pumpkin mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 60 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake 15 minutes more, until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Let cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the Honey Glaze: Warm honey in microwave or small saucepan until runny. Place confectioners sugar in small bowl and pour runny honey and lemon juice over sugar. Mix well and brush onto cooled cake.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 290 calories; 17.6 g fat; 28.7 g carbohydrates; 4.6 g protein; 53 mg cholesterol; 317 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
There was no mention of sugar in this recipe, which must have been a mistake. So I had to guess and I added two cups of sugar. The cake turned out alright, but it was lacking something. It need...
I did follow the recipie, despite the lack of sweetener, and found it bland and dry. It was inedible.
I added 2 cups of sugar to the oil & pumpkin mixture and baked for ONLY 1 hour (not 1 hr 15 mins as suggested). I increased the amount of lemon juice in the glaze to 2 tablespoons as well. The c...
Very disappointing. The lack of sweetener in the dough is not made up by the glaze at all. I didn't feel that the cake was edible and threw it out. I did use a flexible silicone bundt pan for t...
Where's the sugar in this recipe????? I tasted it before baking and knew there was something missing. I reviewed what I did and I followed the recipe to the letter. I ended up reading reviews...